So we are going to be on an airplane for 16 hours! (not yet. in the very near future)
I’m so excited and dreading it at the same time. Ollie is EBF and at that,…. he only likes to lie down in bed to be nursed. He hates any other position, which is understandable because he is SO TALL. So on an airplane, I imagine it would be even more uncomfortable since he’ll be longer than a seat while lying down. Any tips on this? (Also he hates the bottle. HATES. HATES with a passion)
He isn’t that big of a fan with solids either. But I’m planning on bringing some pouched foods, thanks to the suggestion of my friend Jess. Hopefully this will keep his hunger at bay incase he doesn’t nurse well? I’m afraid my supply will be hit from not nursing as frequently so I’ll be bringing my pump just incase.
I’m planning to pack the following:
- bottles, pump and pacifier (even though he hates it)
- baby food in a pouch + soft tipped spoon
- toys (some of his favorites + teething toys)
- small books
- change of clothes for both ollie and me, just incase…. poop explosion.
- diapers, wipes, hand wipes
- nursing cover
- teething tablets
- medicines – tylenol, motrin
- ipad – we downloaded a bunch of videos for him, even though I rarely let him watch anything. (maybe just the “elmo song” video while I cut his nails. But 16 hours… we might need it
Is there anything else you would recommend? Ollie fusses a lot these days so I’m hoping to ease him on the plane ride. I hope that everyone around us will be understanding.
Wish us luck on our second plane trip (1st – moving from Shanghai to Hong Kong) together as a family! :)